Grizzly-buy today & save 10-15% ???

I DAGS on the upcoming (i.e. tomorrow) Grizzly price increases.

I hope the original poster is not offended, but this is what I found for prices effective Jan 1, 2005 (today's prices in parentheses)

GO444 495.00 (435.00) = +14% G1023SL 995.00 (895.00) = +11% G1023SLX 1295.00 (1125.00) = + 15%

There was apparantly a full page ad in the Jan issue of "Woodshop News" that had the new prices.

I hate when this happens. Maybe I should order today and "save" a hunnert bucks.

Have my eye on that 1023 SL.

Lou

Reply to
loutent

Might be too late already.

Grizzly web site already reflect the new prices.

Damn! (Maybe if I call).

Lou

Reply to
loutent

One should expect increases in many imported machineries and power tools from China in the near future. The Chinese renminbi has been pegged around 8.28 and, it is undervalued, by as much as 40 percent, the US will do something about it. It not a matter if it will happen, but when. I believe the drum sander I bought today will be worth much more two years down the road.

Reply to
WD

Thanks for the head's up. Just ordered a compressor I was planning to buy. BTW, I have the 1023SL and love it!

TWS

Reply to
TWS

I called Grizzly last week about how late I could order at the 2004 prices. They said that orders made on Friday (late) via the web wouldn't download into their ordering system until Monday and hence the new prices would probably be in effect. I ordered my 1023 SL yesterday. I think you may still get the cheaper prices by ordering via phone but not sure. Cheers, cc

Reply to
Cubby

No, it's that the American Peso will be worth much less two years down the road.

Reply to
GregP

I just ordered the G0555 for $375 thru Amazon.

Reply to
GregP

Bravo, you just make $60, if you sell in two years time.

Reply to
WD

You will need a truck or SUV to carry your Peso for shopping.

Reply to
WD

Hi Greg,

Thanks! I couldn't get through to Grizzly on the phone (guess they all left on vacation - can't blame them-it was after 5 PM). I went to Amazon and there was the 1023SL at the 2004 price.

I bought it to save some $.

Needed that upgrade!

Lou

Reply to
loutent

The modern version of Germany in the 20's, with people wheeling barrows down the street filled with paper money to buy a loaf of bread ? It probably won't get that bad.

Reply to
GregP

I doubt it. I don't quite remember with great certainty, but I seem to recall that before Mexico switched over to the Peso Nuevo, the Peso used to be worth 1/30th of a US cent.

Reply to
Silvan

My earlier post here regarding increasing prices for imported tools and machineries. Last night, I came across somewhere in the web that many have indeed have increases prices due to steel increased. See what I mean :-).

Don't need to look that far, Remember Argentina a few years back? With prices increases, we too will start hoarding basic necessarily and pretty soon we may have to give up woodworking altogether and spend our time carting our dollars to the supermarket, who will have time carting our dollars to the nearest Woodcraft stores? :-)

Reply to
WD

As a follow up, the compressor (H4519) is now listed for $40 more (20% increase) than I paid yesterday - whew! Thanks again! TWS

Reply to
TWS

tools...

Mebbe I should have bought a few more things...

Reply to
GregP

Argentina's went on for many years. We lived there when it first got rolling - latter days of Peron - and one set of my grandparents lived there, so we had some first-hand experience with it. The majority of the voters who picked inflation over taxes don't have any idea about how much more painful the former can be.

Reply to
GregP