Got a Jointer?

Have you tapered legs with your jointer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QPWzDthwQ4&feature=push-fr&attr_tag=bTXSonTcks7-6IWq%3A6

On 3/16/2019 7:05 PM, Leon wrote:

Yes, and many other pieces, too...

On 3/16/2019 8:05 PM, Leon wrote:

Do you mean intentionally?
On Sunday, March 17, 2019 at 10:15:29 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

You made me chuckle. Thanks. :-)
On 3/17/2019 9:15 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Better than going to a plastic surgeon. ;~)

I just want to know how/why you get your leg on the jointer? Clipping fingernails, I understand, but tapering your legs? I guess if you like the clean look...
On Sunday, March 17, 2019 at 8:03:07 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote:

I use my bench top belt sander to do my fingernails. In fact, I used it this afternoon. Note the flat section. Seriously. Did this today. Not intentionally, of course.
https://i.imgur.com/VQXkbaj.jpg
snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote in

What shaving cream is best to protect the cast iron top? Asking for a girlfriend who needs to shave her legs, of course.
Puckdropper
On 3/17/2019 9:15 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

:)
I don't recall if that is in the <very> old Rockwell jointer manual addendum they used to supply with every machine or not...but it's not something new.
I first saw it in the shop practices manual we had in HS woodworking shop class -- I somehow managed to lose that text and I have wished more often than I can count that I could remember who/what for it to find a copy because it was pure gold in such techniques; most of which I've never seen anywhere since...