General Internation table saw

Any folks have experience with the General International 10" left tilt Table Saw Model 50-185LM1? Quality of the machining? Motor? Any etc???

TIA

Cap'n 321

Reply to
""lawrence.tarnoff"

I have used one many times. A superb saw. When tweaked/tuned with a good blade, it's as good as it gets...for me at least.

Reply to
Robatoy

Reply to
JGS

I find the best thing about them is the hype surrounding them ;-) 'Do A Google Search' you'll find a fair number of people that have had problems with them. And a fair number of reviews. I don't see them a good buy at the low price they were a few years ago, let alone the much higher price I see them listed for now. Best parts, fence & motor.

@veriz(nospam)> Any folks have experience with the General International 10" left tilt

Reply to
DSNail

It's basically just another Taiwanese (Mao Shan) contractor's saw that got a big buzz a few years ago when it was picked as "best of" in a few magaine tests. It has a left tilt blade and a good Biesemeyer style fence, which are the features that pushed it to the top in the mags. In terms of quality of machining, motor, etc., it's pretty much the same as the Powermatic, Bridgewood, and other (maybe Grizzly as well) saws that come off the same assembly line.

Reply to
kkfitzge