FS: Tools

Will the Swing Psychometer be able to tell me when to take my meds? Right now tracking my Haldol blood levels is hard...

Reply to
patrick conroy

Tom Watson wrote: snip

I'm going to be antiquing my way up the E coast here in a few days, anything you want me to keep my eyes open for? Hit me back channel if you want to talk about it, and I'll give you a cell phone number as well.

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

Tom Watson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I missed the lengendary Oliver lathe, of the mostly true "Dead Man's Tools" on that list.

;-)

Patriarch, who's been getting more Neander stuff lately, but trying to fit a "good lathe" into the space/financial budget...

Reply to
Patriarch

"Teamcasa" wrote in news:4235dabe$1_1@127.0.0.1:

Yabbut, this one's got provenance. ;-)

Reply to
Patriarch

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 21:37:30 -0600, the inscrutable Patriarch spake:

Izzat anything like Easterner Cooties?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Sorry, I don't have a good lathe for sale. I have a Jet lathe for sale.

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

(webpage)

Reply to
Tom Watson

Thanks for the offer, but I expect a good part of the fun to be in the hunt.

Watch this space for:

"The Hunt For Bedrocktober".

Soon to be a sweetheart of a major moshun pictcha.

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

(webpage)

Reply to
Tom Watson

Tom Watson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I ain't coming to Pennsultucky from California for a Jet lathe, even one with provenance.

Reply to
Patriarch

So what's wif dis 'provenance'?

Be it some sorta French cheese?

Is you sayin' dat my lathe is cheesy?

(watson - who's thinkin' that the damned lathe IS cheesy, but that the cheese is Chiwanese, not Froggish.)

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

(webpage)

Reply to
Tom Watson

Provenance is the capitol of Row Disland. Mostly Italian and yes, they have good cheese.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Tom Watson wrote: snip

Too bad you couldn't make it to our annual auction/tool show/meeting in Damascus, MD last weekend. PL and MJD were there, the Leamys were there with his gorgeous planes, so were about a gazillion other purveyors of old arn. Enjoy the hunt, I always do.

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

Damn Tom, you shoulda driven in for the annual Wooddorker's Show and Sunday morning follow up at the St. Frances VFW Hall old tools sale. There were Bedrocks by the butt load.

Of course bottom feeder pricing was no where to be found on those though you could get yourself set up with a Starrett or a Lufkin combo square for most of the time from $20 to $30.

Me? I bought a Stanley No. 299 to go with it's big brother the No. 199. I'm a sucker for a good fixed blade utility knife or maybe it's the fleur-de-lis and checkered handles.

sigh...

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A-100

Yabutt: I know that you are filling up a matrix of possible tools.

Your collectoris is stimulated by a proximity to those tools which are not occupying spaces in the matrix.

My lust is driven by results oriented phenomena that may fit into the X - Y parametric, regarding cost and benefit.

You, I must say, although I run the risk of overstating the obvious, are a true bottomfeeder - and your buy button will not be triggered by something that is out of spec, regarding a pure price point, without regard to the geography that might need to be gobbled up in the pursuit of the snipe.

I, however, do not enjoy this malaise, and have personal snipes that fit into categories that are driven by real world considerations, such as the ability to replicate a profile that is not available in traditional Delta driven tooling.

And so, my collectoris is currently tingled by a profile plane that replicates the exact profile of a certain Goddard-Townsend cornice mould (sic) which I intend to use in faithful replication of a certain pediment, which entitles me to certain lordly airs, regarding you - and I'm sure that you see the truth of this - on its face...

(at this point, the dialogue disintegrates into mumblings.)

All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy. All work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy....

(watson wipes the drool from his mouth, attempts to assume the upright posture, and regards the intellectual shambles of the above with what he hopes is an understanding of his inherent, and shared, flaws.)

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

(webpage)

Reply to
Tom Watson

Dave in Fairfax wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@fairfax.com:

See, that's the semi-believeable part for the gullible. Sounds like it might be true.

So maybe you're not so gullible. I bet you don't have any Scott Phillips' signature Gross Stabil PC2 clamps, either.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

Nope, but I've got a box of his screws.

NALOPKT Dave Allen lost that finger doing the early development work with his hex-key wrenches.

Reply to
Andy Dingley