Wood Textures In CAD Program.

I'm trying to figure out how to import and use photorealistic wood textures into a CAD program.

The problem is described, along with a picture, on ABPW.

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

(webpage)

Reply to
Tom Watson

Looked at your web page. Read your poetry.

You are obviously a darn good woodworker.

:-)

Tom Wats> I'm trying to figure out how to import and use photorealistic wood

Reply to
Will

Tom,

I am a newbie to CAD so I cannot help you there but just wanted to let you know that your projects on your website are quite impressive.

Reply to
John

Hi Tom,

I attached a rendering from TurboCad Pro V9 to a message on ABPW ... though I doubt it will remain long with all the .RAR files being dumped there. It's a big one ... I figured you needed plenty of detail.

I used the stock "maple" texture on a 3D piece and modified things slightly (played with color, scaling, trunk center ... all part of the edit properties screen).

Hope this helps,

Rick

Reply to
Rick

these help.

Stephen R.

Reply to
S R

Thanks for the tips.

It looks like my basic problem was that I took the 96 x 96 pixel tile size to be gospel, rather than a suggestion.

Having grabbed a couple of finished wood photos and tweaked them in Photoshop to be about the size of the pieces that I wanted to apply texture to, I'm heading in the right direction.

Now I need to scan in some samples that I make myself, using the real wood with a real finish on it, and I should be able to tweak those enough to work.

I've put another image of the same drawing on ABPW, using the wood images I saved using the above technique.

Not there yet but getting there mo bettah.

Thanks again.

Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

(webpage)