FS: Kreg 2000 Pocket Hole Jig

Complete ... with residual sawdust:

I do make a good many face frames on occasion and use pocket hole joinery for that task more often than not, I recently upgraded to the Kreg K3 system for the dust collection and front clamping ability and no longer need this one.

If you don't need, or want to spend the bucks, for the full Monty K3 system, and you want the ability to do pocket holes easily, you may find a used Kreg

2000 to be a good buy.

I'm not trying to get rich, but was thinking around $50, with me paying the shipping for UPS ground (about $10), continental USA only.

If you think that's too much, make an offer, but be prepared to pay the shipping ... I really just want to see it go to a worthy wooddorker who will use it instead of it laying around here.

... and oh yeah ... I hate f(*&^ing eBay, so forget it.

If you're interested and want to e-mail me, go to my shop website, follow the music link on the main page, and use the "booking" e-mail addy at that website.

Reply to
Swingman

Assuming you've already used the new one, do you feel that it's a substantial improvement over the 2000 model?

Reply to
Upscale

Yep ... I've worked the new out pretty well thus far. ;)

The only difference in operation is the dust collection, and not having to reach around to the other side of the jig to clamp a workpiece. Doing 26 faceframes at a time, those two operations add up to a lot of extra steps.

... other than that, the results are identical.

The K3 is neither easier, nor harder, to use but it does have a few more parts/bells/whistles, which most of us will never use, and the indexing is more adjustable, but again that is not something most will do very often, IME.

That said, I set up and used the 2000 for three years and never once changed a single thing from the initial setup ... and I can already tell that it's going to be the same with my use of the K3.

YMMV ....

Reply to
Swingman

Thanks. I seriously considered buying the old one from you, but between the hassles and cost to send it up here to Canada and some design features on the new model I particularly like, I've decided to go with the K3 model.

Reply to
Upscale

I have the K3 model also and about 7 months now. I have the original aluminum one that was built to last for ever. Unlike Swingman I have used the different adjustments on the K3 but like him much prefer the clamp on the front side rather than the back side. When doing 200-300 at a time not having to reach over a tall panel is very handy. My dust collector is the floor.

Reply to
Leon

So whats wrong with f(*&^ing eBay then?

Reply to
Connor Aston

It's spoken for ... do appreciate the responses. Thanks!

Reply to
Swingman

I think the Swingman's experience tells it. He moved the product to a targeted audience in 12 hours without the use of a foreign currency (paypal) and without fees.

It's more complicated than a simple transaction. It has it's advantages, like reaching a huge audience, but if you have a low tolerance for "fuss", which it seems I share with my fellow bassist, it is a highly undesirable way of doing business.

-Steve

Reply to
Stephen M

LOL ... bingo!

Bassist low tolerance for fuss/desirable way of doing business: with five fingers, four strings leaves one with which to beckon that pretty girl on the front row.

Reply to
Swingman