Forstner Bits

I would like to get the opinion of the group as to who manufacturer's the best forstner bits. I am looking at which the group considers the very best, regardless of the cost. I know that there is going to be some that have their favorite bits that they use, but I would like to know what the group considers the absolute very best.

Paul T.

100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, 5$/month Only!

Reply to
P.Thorsted

Edwin Pawlowski

P.Thorsted wrote: > I would like to get the opinion of the group as to who manufacturer's the > best forstner bits.

I have a Freud carbide set, I would buy them again.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I've been using the Freud forstner bits. They are quality bits, they've lasted through dozens of uses and I always get good results.

Reply to
Brew Man

Do you personally use these? Bit pricey, but if they last I wouldn't mind buying a set.

I do also have the Freud bits and they work quite well. I have your typical Chinese set of bits (18 piece I believe) and their complete garbage. Two or three have broken off.

Edw>> I would like to get the opinion of the group as to who manufacturer's the

Reply to
Marty Phee

I've used, but do not own any yet. I'll be replacing mine over time. I'll probably still keep the cheap ones that are little used, but get the three that I use a lot from Convalco.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Forstner-style bits came so small. One quarter of an inch is a small place to do the grinding needed to make one of these puppies.

Bill

Reply to
Bill