Food safe glue followup

Glue chemistry is a bit more interesting than that (not that I know all that much about it). PVAs polymerize as they cure, independently of simply losing moisture, forming longer chains of, ummm, polymers. Adding water to cured glue doesn't "dissolve" those chains. Steaming the wood, however, still has the effect that steaming wood always had. I wonder why I never thought to remodel the spoon handles though...
(Regarding a past conversation about gluing one side or both sides, I just read my glue bottle. Titebond says to "Apply a heavy spread of glue to surface and clamp". I always just put glue on the surface, but let the squeeze out snot up the clamp. :D It also doesn't say one side or both sides.)
I am trying to fix coffee maker basket for 30 cup coffee maker.
On Monday, July 23, 2018 at 9:42:11 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Are you stating a fact or asking for help?
Assuming there's a question in there someplace...
Metal or plastic?
How is it broken?
Perhaps a picture would help.

That's great news. So many people just toss anything broken and buy new. Fixing it will be good for the environment and the earth will be a better place for generations, thanks to people like you.
Please update us on your project and how successful it is. You are to be commened for tackling such a thing. Good luck with it.
On Jul 23, 2018, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote

Coffeemaker baskets are usually made of polypropylene resin, which is a thermoplastic. I bet the only way to fix the basket is to heat-weld the cracked areas. Having some extra polypropylene stock to melt into the crack may help.
Joe Gwinn
On Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at 10:16:57 AM UTC-4, Joseph Gwinn wrote:

He could make a new one from corrugated plastic. All he needs is the right (and smaller) forms. ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ-rokeHgwY

On Wed, 25 Jul 2018 15:24:07 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

My daughter has had good luck with various customer service departments in recent years - - receiving a free replacement part, on more-than-one occasion ; and even getting a replacement appliance in one case - just for asking nicely and explaining things honestly. I recently received -free- 2 wheel assemblies for a piece of luggage - just for asking nicely and sending a photo of the shredded one. < I really only needed 1 wheel > < unfortunately - I don't have access to an industrial rivet machine to install the assembly .. duh. > ... still haven't got a round tuit replacing the wheel. John T.
On Wed, 25 Jul 2018 18:49:19 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

Exasperated with yet another dead coffee maker (display LCD died), she posted a nasty review on Amazon. We really like the coffee it makes but it only lasted six months[*]. Mr. Coffee contacted her and offered to send her a new one. Nice. I asked why she didn't tell them that the one (same model) I have at work has the exact same problem (though I don't need the display).
[*] Not all that unusual, no matter how much we've paid for coffee makers. $50 or $500, it doesn't seem to matter so $50 it is.
On Wed, 25 Jul 2018 19:44:08 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote:

I am not a coffee drinker, but here is the ultimate coffee maker. If you have great disposable income.
https://goo.gl/paQXkK
It is Hammacherer Schlemmer.

I like the box on order line of the page. ==> How many?
I think I'll take three. ;-)

Wife said, "Yeah, no!"
On Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at 8:25:35 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote:

My cold brew coffee maker consists of a 2 qt glass pitcher, cheese cloth, an old Mr. Coffee basket and some coffee filters.
Each batch ends up being 1.5 quarts of kick-ass coffee concentrate that goes down velvety smooth. We either mix equal parts coffee and water or 2/3 coffee - 1/3 water depending on how kick-ass we want at the time.

Call that the ultimate? Try a Jura super auto.
On Thu, 26 Jul 2018 20:27:47 -0400, J. Clarke

No the ultimate would be Star Trek tech that makes coffee out of energy. So excuse me.
On Thursday, July 26, 2018 at 5:47:25 PM UTC-7, Markem wrote:

I'd like this one: <http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date 070618#.W19NQn5lAhs>
On Monday, July 30, 2018 at 1:50:43 PM UTC-4, whit3rd wrote:

That's a well built wench...err...I mean...wrench.
On Monday, January 12, 2009 at 11:27:03 AM UTC-7, Ed Edelenbos wrote:

I used the Gorilla glue on a terracotta orchid pot and it blistered the Orchid. So I'm not sure it is food safe.