Fondled a Festool Domino

Pretty quickly, in the time it takes to drill 8 holes gor both pieces, 4 holes each.

Why did you need to buy a Beadlock system to drill mortises?

It is faster and more accurate than a dedicated mortiser.

Why not just use a drill press and fence?

It is portable like a dowling jig. Esentially it is a doweling jig. It can be placed most any where, where as a drill press has its limitations.

Can you

Yes

How about

IIRC no, so that would be 2 less than the Domino offers.

How much setup time is required?

Little to none. How much set up time does a doweling jig take.

Correct, not as quick as a Domino however a Domino probably only saves you

10 minutes for 20 mortises.
Reply to
Leon

You don't understand... it is a piece of art. An instrument! A creative device!!!! It wiggles and it whirls, it has a cord, a fence, and, and, and, makes cool sounds..andandnand LOTS of sawdust...and nobody else has one yet... and it is tres cool, yo! It is a MUST have!!

"THOUSAND BUCKS, son.."..."take it or leave it."

Personally, I'm waiting for the laser model... IF.. I can wait that long.. I'm starting to shake a little... abit itchy here and there.. oooweee... a chill...now a hot-flash...wowsers...

DAMN YOU FESTOOL PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Robatoy

Whatever you do, DO NOT touch the tool!

It'll stick like an aluminum flagpole to your tongue in 15F weather!

Texans and Arizonans can email me directly for an explanation.

New Englanders, Cheeseheads, Canadians, and those who have seen "A Christmas Story" will understand completely...

Reply to
B A R R Y

No, I wouldn't use pocket screws on a chair. :) I might use screws inside a chest of drawers when they won't be seen. It doesn't bother me to have pocket holes on the back of a face frame, but if it bothers you, I can understand. Thanks for all the additional info on the domino (and for the other responders). Now I have a clearer idea of the value of it. I wasn't trying to bash it or anything, just get a bigger understanding of why people are excited about it.

I just use biscuits for gluing up panels, I don't like it for joints either.

Reply to
bf