Folding miter saw stand

I am wanting to get a folding stand for my 12" DeWalt CMS. Getting tired of lifting it and carrying it outside of the shed for use. I am looking at the Delta,50-155. Has some nice features but after reading the reviews on Amazon, which say by some, that the fence may not be useable with the 12" saw. Also looking at the Ridgid one at HD. Any one have any experiences with either which may help make up my mind. The Ridgid is a little more expensive, but I have a $30 gift certificate for HD and I could get it tomorrow. Thanks for your thoughts on these two.

Reply to
Paul O.

I have the Stablemate for my Makita 12" Sliding Compound Miter Saw.

I bought it from Amazon for $100.

So far I really like it! :-)

LIWoodworker

Reply to
Paul O.

I have the HTC stand. It works great but it's heavy and rather cumbersome to fold/unfold.

no(SPAM)vasys

I bought the ridgid as one HD here has it for $99 (still $150 at the others). I haven't used it yet, but did get it assembled. It is very heavy even without a saw mounted to it.

Reply to
tools

Likewise, I bought this last year and really like it. Removing the CMS is quick and easy and it provides a much nicer working height than did the stand that came with my Delta Sidekick. Added bonus was that the old stand for the Sidekick (sans the crappy plastic pieces) has made a very nice stand for my router table.

I added the wheels to the Stablemate. Took forever for Amazon to ship them but they are worthwhile if you go with this stand.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

"tools" wrote in news:429a21dd$0$74191$ snipped-for-privacy@news.getnet.net:

I bought one last year when they were on sale. I take the saw off when it goes in the back of the pickup truck, but then, I'm not 25 any more, and haven't been for some years.

Around the shop, the weight doesn't matter. It's quite stable, and the wheels are large, meaning they travel over uneven surfaces pretty well. It's nice to be able to wheel the miter saw station out to the driveway, and worry very little about dust collection issues.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

I got one that was on sale at Menards about a month ago for 79.95. I think it was an Irwin or Wilton brand. I like it a lot. It has adjustable extensions and even an adjustable stop block. I was going to build one, but after I costed out every thing I would need to build it I went with Menards. It folds up very easily and doesn't take a mule to move.

Reply to
Joe

We have a 12" Dewalt CMS on what looks to be an earlier version of that Delta stand. The main difference I can see in the pictures are the little brackets welded to the legs on the back side. It works fine with the 12" Dewalt CMS. The wheels are large enough so that one guy can roll it up a set of stairs without much problem. The roller extensions do have some flex but are certainly strong enough for most moldings. The only time we had a problem was when we were cutting 8/4 x 6" oak railing. In that case we just raised the roller to compensate. I like that stand very much and if you need to move the saw in and out every day (as we do) it's very handy.

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike

How much does it have to fold up? I used an old gas grill frame and some scrap MDF and built a Miter Saw stand on wheels. You can hinge extensions down from the ends to gain more bed space. It takes up a couple of feet of space just sitting there on the floor, but you don't have to set it up every time you want to make a cut. Just roll it out into the middle of the floor and cut.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Cool idea, however I have a 6' X 10' shed and little room left. It's gonna have to squeeze in next to the portable Delta dust collector and stand up so's I can still walk in.

Reply to
Paul O.