Folding a BS blade

It has been asked over and over, explainted over and over, now a video showing 2 ways.

The longer blades are eaiser to fold up and open.

And there are a few blade video's in the same place.

Reply to
Leon

Just hang them on the wall and be done with it.

Reply to
GarageWoodworks

Just hang them on the wall and be done with it.

150" blades take up space I don't have and I have about 8 of them.... Coilded up they set on top of my upper wall cabinets.
Reply to
Leon

I learned how to do that before I knew what a bandsaw was - it's the same way you fold up a wire-beaded bicycle tire.

RicodJour

Nice drive-by, Leon.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Geeees,,, that is the second this week I think..... and I was not even looking for that kind of attention. LOL

Reply to
Leon

I learned how to do that before I knew what a bandsaw was - it's the same way you fold up a wire-beaded bicycle tire.

You fold up bicycle tires?????

Reply to
Leon

Makes it easier to carry a spare when touring...or to fit in a backpack to bike home with it.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

Sure, why not? It's easier to carry them...unless you want to wear them.

picture is also interesting for the riders smoking. Back in the day, smoking was thought to clear the lungs and give you more lung capacity.

RicodJour

Sure, why not? It's easier to carry them...unless you want to wear them.

picture is also interesting for the riders smoking. Back in the day, smoking was thought to clear the lungs and give you more lung capacity.

Joe

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

"Leon" wrote in news:tMGdnVOic8- XqtLWnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Ever looked at some of the new ones in the stores? They come in boxes not much bigger than the innertubes that go inside them. Next time you're wandering, wander over to the bikes and take a look.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Cause I am to tough... ;!) I don't use a glove,,, but I did when I used the shorter blades. The longer blades seem to just fold up in place with out really thinking about it.

I watched a kid fold up a BS mill blade and was shocked how easy it was, and no gloves..

Reply to
Leon

I use something like that, except use two hands: step on blade, hold both hands out from sides, palms away from you (the "what, me?" pose), then grab in both hands, turn palms towards you while bringing your hands together.

Unfolding is easy. walk out front and throw it in the grass. never fails.

Reply to
Joe

That's what I do.

Grass? Where?

Reply to
Steve Turner

It's hiding under the cold white stuff.

Reply to
Robert Haar

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 09:23:11 -0600, the infamous "Leon" scrawled the following:

At least he didn't say "8 of the 150" -=carbide=- bandsaw blades", huh?

-- What helps luck is a habit of watching for opportunities, of having a patient, but restless mind, of sacrificing one's ease or vanity, of uniting a love of detail to foresight, and of passing through hard times bravely and cheerfully. -- Charles Victor Cherbuliez

Reply to
Larry Jaques

With a longer blade you don't enven have to anchor the bottom, my 2 hands are the only thing touching the blade.

Well, again, I tried that when I first got my 150" blades and tossed them out in the yard a dozen times, nothing. With mine I have to uncoil them by hand but again it is very simple and with out any excitement.

Reply to
Leon

Can I use that as justification with swmbo? "but honey, with this bigger, better, badder bandsaw, folding the blades is so much easier and safer!"

I'll let you know how it goes. ;-)

Reply to
Joe

Probably not the single justification but you can certainly add it to the hundreds of other reasons. LOL

Reply to
Leon