Flag Case Plans?

I may be dreaming, but I thought I remember seeing somewhere in the past few years or so a set of plans to build a flag case...much like a triangular shadow box. I would like to take the flag that was draped on my grandfathers casket that he earned by being a veteran of WWII and make a case to present to my grandmother. Can any of you guide me....I appreciate it. Dale

Reply to
RDT

Try

or

Regards & Good Luck, Ron Magen Backyard Boatshop {I just made three of them from Mahogany}

SNIP take the flag that was draped on my grandfathers casket SNIP

Reply to
Ron Magen

I found these plans

and built a case just like it for my Dad. A link to the instructions are at the bottom of the page.

grandfathers

Reply to
woodydelsur

WOOD magazine issue #144, October 2002 has a good article on a triangular flag case. Made one for my Dad's flag...finally. Feels good to get it out of the cedar chest and out where it can be seen. One more thing off that ever growing "to do someday" list!

DexAZ

grandfathers

Reply to
DexAZ

I made one like this for my dad's flag. One word of warning. The size of a folded flag can vary a bit. Enough to make it not look good in the case. Fortunately I build a practice one out of pine and realized the problem. I've spoken with some people in the VA and apparently it's an issue of how it's folded by the color guard and where the flag came from. Either way, don't unfold and refold your flag! Just measure it and make your cuts to match your flag.

Bernie

Reply to
Bernie Hunt