First shot at handcut dovetails

Two images uploaded to a.b.p.w

This is a first attempt at hand-cut dovetails. It's 5-1/2" x 3/4" red oak. All operations (including cut-off) were done with hand tools.

Some of the gapping is due to some initially unnoticed cup in the wood scrap that kept the pieces from mating well.

I've used power equipment for many things over the years, but recently I've been doing more with good quality hand tools. There's a lot of satisfaction in being able to say I can do it with traditional methods too.

Comments would be most welcome!

Cliff

Reply to
cdo