First Clock

Heheh ... gumbo pot?

Mais cher, da rule #1 dat little coonass learn, him: "Take what you want, just make damn sure dat you eat what you take, cher ... comprenez, vous?"

Reply to
Swingman

Same here. Maybe it's a woman thing. My wife doesn't like spalted maple either. I love the look of it. Nice job, Charlie.

Tanus

Reply to
Tanus

Mark & Juanita

Very well done. Love the case. Love the spalted maple. Not too keen on the clock face, its busy-ness detracts from the focal point...the maple... don't mind me, I tend to lean towards designs with fewer points of interest. In my head, I see a clock-face like a Movado watch and spalted maple...together.

Robatoy

Thu, Apr 5, 2007, 12:53pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Andy) doth sayeth: I really like the spalting also, but I'm not sure I like it with the rest of the clock. The clock face and dark, evenly-colored solid wood case and trim suggest a very nice classical style, and IMO the spalted wood doesn't really fit in. I think if the clock face were simpler, and maybe the top & bottom molding were simpler too, that I would REALLY like it.

I'd have to see it in person before I could decide if I'd change my mind on the spaltted piece, but I doubt I would.

The clock itself I really like as is. To me looks like a now antique clock would have looked like when it was new - and not something someone tried to make look old by "distressing" it. The clock I have has a similar style face, so I like that. I think your mom will like te clock (even with the spalted piece), and should pat you on your head and tell you you're a good boy. LOL

JOAT Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam. (I have a catapult. Give me all your money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.)

Reply to
J T

Good point ... with a simpler face, the design could better carry the unpredictability of the spalt pattern. Right now the design has two focal points ... yes ... SUPER nice clock with a simpler face. Put a small faceted piece of amber at 12, 3 & 9.

Bill

Reply to
Bill in Detroit