Firewood ?

If a tree was cut down inMarch and I just cut the logs into firewood length pieces, would it be easier to split the wood now, or when it has seasoned a few months? It is pine, I know I wont use it this season.

Reply to
bigjcw1023

Best time is after a long freeze. Pine is easy enough to split most any time though.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

i cut a tree down in june, Split it right away and now it is great burning wood, Yes, i have used it already.It is cold here in the east coast.There is a trick to splitting wood right away, it is just as easy as splitting seasoned wood.. Joe

Reply to
pooteo

That could take YEARS if you live in the South. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

In my experiance, it depends upon the type of tree.

Here in the northwest, I end up buring oak, doug fir and some madrone. The oak and madrone are always easier to split when green. The Doug fir almost explodes when hit with a sledge after it has had some time dry.

Reply to
Frank Stutzman

Two days in the Frigidaire!

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Maybe forever if you live in Baja California..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Shoot - it's pine. It splits easy any time.

Reply to
Mike Marlow