Finishing nailer: Porter cable or Paslode?

Which would you chose if you were going to buy a finishing nailer. I'm in the market for one and have it narrowed down to the Porter Cable and a Paslode. Also, what would be more useful in everyday furniture making...the pnuematic nailer or the pnuematic stapler? I have a friend who has the Porter Cable stapler and its quite impressive.

Reply to
Basspro*

IMHO Paslode is a proven product when compared to the relative short history of PC nailers. You may never have to consider buying another nailer if you go with the Senco. The Senco finish nailers do not require daily oil maintenance as many others do. Nice feature when working around expensive wood. Nailers are what Senco and Paslode do. I get the "MeToo" impression with the PC nailers. If you are a light duty or occasionally user the PC may very well serve your needs.

Reply to
Leon

I just bought the Paslode T200 F18 for $94 including shipping. I based my purchase on the article in this months Fine Woodworking which examines a dozen or so nailers. The Paslode was their favorite.

I am very happy with my decision.

The web site is:

Reply to
Geoff Clark

If it is an 18ga. brad nailer that you are looking for I will put my HF, $19.95 on sale, .5 - 2.0 inches against em all. Yeah its gonna break a lot sooner, but at $19.95 who cares? Unless your making a living from it. Never had a lick of problems from it in a year of every week usage and I must have dropped it on a concrete floor a dozen times. I love PC and try to support their business since I have family at the Jackson, TN facility, but not in this case. Money is money after all. And this one has given me the most bang ( or Fhhwump) for my buck. Go ahead and try it, when its on sale. For what you'll pay for the others its a cheap experiment.

Reply to
Joseph Smith

Senco first then Paslode. Although I rank Hitachi up there with Senco.

Reply to
Lawrence A. Ramsey