finishing nail damage

Dont let this happen to you....... A couple days ago our new washing machine developed a leak. Upon inspection i noticed water coming from around the pump seal. Called the service guy to come check it out. Turns out (as he tells me) all new Amana washers have plastic water pumps. Took him about 5 minutes to take the pump off and find the hole in the pump with the ---finishing nail---- lying inside the machine housing. SHMBO was rather IRATE about my lack of attention when it comes to cleaning out pockets at end of day. So, remember...ear plugs, pencils, and coins probably wont get into the plastic pumps...but i know for sure finishing nails will....

Reply to
sawdust

Good tip. Once a pen got into the dryer, and ruined a whole load of laundry. I'm still hearing about it...

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

Yes, but if you notice the ink all over those navy whites, and presumably other clothes made of real cloth, and don't throw them in the dryer a good dry cleaner can get the ink out. Fortunately. Joe btdt

Reply to
Joe Gorman