Finished cutting my plaster wall

A few weeks past I asked for advice on cutting an opening in a plaster wall. Well, I got around to doing it today. I was going to use the cold chisel method recommended by Doug Miller, but I decided to try something else first. A couple of days ago I was looking for something and came across the scoring tool I used for cutting cement board. At the time I thought that this might work for cutting plaster. So, today I laid out the lines (it's about 2' x 2.5') and using a cork-backed straight edge, I proceeded to score the plaster. Worked like a charm. Once I got the score line going, I didn't need the straight edge. There was a minimum of dust and I only broke out one piece of the finished plaster (but in a place that will be covered by a face frame).

So, thanks again to all those who responded to my original post.

david

Reply to
David E. Penner

Thanks for the idea! I'll have to keep that one in mind for next time.

Doug Miller