fiddleback makore (how best to apply)

I just got some fiddleback makore (beautiful stuff). I have to flatten it and am loking at the 10% glyserin(sp) mixture and pressing between two sheets of MDF and craft paper.

After that I'm goin toglue it using a cold press and titebond II glue to the MDF substrate.

My question is about sangind before finishing.

How do I make sure I dont ruin the beautiful figuring during the sanding process before finishing?

Reply to
Mook Johnson