Fans of "How It's Made" TV Show Here?

I just watched Ratzenberger's show the other day which showed him trying to stuff circuit boards,then wave soldering circuit boards which go into fire alarm pull boxes. Assembly woman tells John " don't put those little coils in backwards or the board will explode...." :-)

Reply to
gordo

Ah yes. those treacherous polarized inductors.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Those puck marks were a dead giveaway. She forgot to use the AC battery

Reply to
cncfixxer1

Cliff wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Pehaps you should ask why we should be providing a free lunch in the first place. Instead of pissing and moaning about some proposed policy change from a quarter century ago.

If people can't provide three squares a day for their own progeny, perhaps they should be punished for being dirtbags, their kids taken away, and put in a place where they are taken care of properly. At least until such a time as the "parents" get their acts together. Sheesh. Even if you are on food stamps the least you can do is get your lazy ass out of bed in the morning and slap together a PB&J for the little bastards to take to school for lunch.

Did you raise any children? Did you feed them?

You have the sensibilities of a four year old child. Or is that your "liberal values" shining through?

Reply to
D Murphy

On 8 Aug 2007 03:42:24 GMT, D Murphy wrote:

Wow! While I can agree with much of the first part of your email, I cannot for the life of me understand how you can see school lunches, at approximately $2.25 (including all subsidies from Federal, State and local sources) per meal as "expensive". Have you eaten out recently? As to nutritionally substandard, I do not think that you have read any of the nutrition requirements that must be met by a school lunch program in order to be eligible for federal subsidy. You may or may not like the taste of whatever is being served at your local program, but I would dare say that the nutritional values in the whole meal are probably far above what most kids (poor, rich, middle class, black, white, or green) are receiving at home for lunches. Don't even start on the sugar coated carbs being served to most kids for breakfast - when their (again poor, rich, middle class, black, white, or green) parents get their asses out of bed early enough to actually feed them breakfasts. Of all of the welfare programs in existence, the least arguable one is the school lunch program, in my opinion. They can't trade the meals in for drugs like food stamps or housing vouchers. They can't destroy it like welfare housing. They can't use it to buy $150 sneakers like welfare checks. It is food to be consumed. Yeah, they can throw too much away, eat the crap portion and leave the good stuff on the plate, etc., etc., but it is a direct benefit to a child. Not to the lazy asses that can't or won't feed them, not to some landlord that charges mansion rents on subsidized hovels, not to guys driving 2007 caddys to the bank to cash the welfare check. Wow!

Dave Hall

Reply to
Dave Hall