FA: New Porter Cable Router Edge Guide #42690

New, still in sealed package, Porter Cable Router Edge Guide for use with Models 100, 690, 691, and 693 Routers.

harold_llyd

Good deal.

$30.00 is almost as good as the Amazon price and they have free shipping to boot.

Reply to
A.M. Wood

routers. The holes in the 691 for the rods are a good ½" farther apart than the ones in the 690 and 693 (which are the same). I can't speak to the 100 as I've never had my hands on one.

Reply to
LRod

You really should get your fact straight before making remarks.

There are multiple holes to attach rods on the edge gude to fit to the different models of routers. From the Porter Cable website: " Model 42690 Anodized extruded aluminum body for strength and durability Adjustments can be set quickly and accurately Large fence for smooth handling when routing For use with models 100, 690, 690LR, 690LRVS, 691, 693, 891, 892 and

893."
harold_llyd

You can always bid on it with hopes of getting for less than the buy it now price.

Reply to
harold_llyd

said. I'm sorry I was thinking of the wrong edge guide. I was unaware of the 42690, thinking it was a 42160, 42225, or 39120 (see below). I didn't look at your auction.

Well, I learned something tonight:

  • The 42690 looks exactly like the 42700 * I've had the 42700 listed for years as the high tech edge guide Norm has used (it's for the larger routers--7518, et al). I'll have to recheck which routers he's used it with. * You have a snotty way of enlightening someone who was simply trying to clarify an issue, however misinformed.

Have a nice day.

Reply to
LRod