22 nailer

What is a brand name of a 22 nailer that will drive fasteners into concrete?

Can you buy them at Lowes or Home Depot?

Reply to
Evon

I forget.

Out local hardware store has them, about $30

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

There are several.

Yes.

Reply to
Kyle Boatright

On 12/8/2004 6:11 AM US(ET), Evon took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

Remington is one. You can get them at Lowes or HD. I don't know if they sell Remingtons, though.

Reply to
willshak

Try renting it, unless you've got more than a couple of hours of need.

Reply to
Grandpa Koca

Great answer...." I forget". Then why the hell did you respond? DOH!

Reply to
Joe Fabeitz

Here's an example

bill a

HomeDepot has the Remington nailers, both the type that you strike with the hammer and the "trigger" type. This two are meant for low to moderate use. If you intend to put this thing through some real work I recommend you invest in the Hilti brand powder actuated nailer.

Rich

Rich

Rich

Because he asked where to buy them and I had an answer DOH! Ramset is the name by the way.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

On 12/8/2004 11:19 AM US(ET), Rich took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

If it is just for a one-time job, Ebay has a packaged hand held Remington 476 with a starting bid of $5.99. Two days into a 5 day listing with no bids. Includes some power loads.

willshak

I have had both Remingtons (sold at Home Depot and Lowes). Spend the extra 10 bucks and get the trigger model. The hammer one is a pain in the ass to use. Also spend some money for decent ear and eye protection. These sombitches are real loud inside and they will chip out a chunk of concrete occasionally. They do a very good job on poured concrete (a pin is almost impossible to pull out) but your mileage will vary when used in concrete block. Sometimes you will hit a soft spot and they just powder the block. Tapcons work better in block.

Reply to
Greg

I got rid of mine, (pistol style) and went back to a masonry bit and lags. Seemed more often than not the .22 either blew out a chunk when it hit a bit of aggregate, or didn't set deep enough requiring a second charge which then either blew out a chunk or sometimes worked as intended. Not consistent enough to warrant further attempts.

Reply to
Kevin

That could be a regional problem. If you live somewhere that uses granite chips or some other super stone aggregate I can see that as a problem. Here in Florida the course aggregate is usually coral rock. The pins will set in that.

Reply to
Greg

You can buy one for what you can rent one for...

The two most common are

Remington (far as a I know these are all Lowes/Home Depot/etc. sell) These work, I have one, but what I'd consider professional models aren't available. Fasteners for them are somewhat limited relative to...

Hilti (you'll need a real distributor for them). Every conceivable fastener available. Much more expensive but made for the professional.

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

On 12/16/2004 9:58 PM US(ET), Duane Bozarth took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

Home Depot must be a real distributer then.

willshak

I've never seen Hilti at Home Depot...but we don't have one locally so I don't get there very often...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

On 12/17/2004 7:19 AM US(ET), willshak took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

I just realized that my tinyurl.com link above didn't work. Try this:

hilti in the 'Keyword or Item#' search box at the top.

Reply to
willshak