EZ Smart Guide

Anyone used this thing?

TIA

Tim

Reply to
TJTalbert

Yes. This is a CNC woodworking system. a "manual CNC" YCF Dino

Reply to
ycf dino

What do you think of the system. I'm looking for a good accurate way to both cut panels andedge rout them.

Russ

Reply to
Russ Stanton

I have the EZ Smart guide and find it the best of its ilk. It is generally well built. The "sled" which is attached to the saw is meant to make set-up as fast as lining up the guide to the line.

I found the sled's guide slot to be slightly wider than the guide in the EZ Smart, and so I have not used the sled as intended until I make a tighter fitting replacement.

When I join the two pieces to cut an 8ft panel, it is the strongest guide of this length I have owned.

I remove the plastic edge whenever I want to use this with my hand held router. I probably use this more often as a hand held router guide than for sawing.

When positioned for sawing, I get a good straight cut line.

Overall, I am happy this this guide.

Dave Paine.

Reply to
Tyke

What is going to be involved in making the sled fit better on the guide?

How are you using it to cut panels with the current fit of sled to guide?

Thanks for the quick reply. This is one the products featured in the guide book for the Atlanta Woodworking show and it seems to be what I am looking for, just trying to get some unbiased opinions before the show.

Russ

Reply to
Russ Stanton