Exhaust fan for shop

I found this exhaust fan for the shop.

you think this will give me enough cfm for a 12*18 shop?

Reply to
Bill Stock

LOL, I have a 20" fan with 1/3 horse motor and automatic shutter doors in my shop, when I first built it and turned it on with everything closed up I thought it would suck the drywall off the studs. I've also learned it will suck a fire in the woodstove into the shop as well. I have to open the shop door or a couple of windows to run it but I think I can turn the air over in less then a minute. the shop is only 16x32.

Mike

Reply to
Mike M

Well, that's only a little over 21 exchanges/minute, assuming a 10' ceiling. If you have the wiring to support it you might be able to survive. Might want to brace the walls a little:-) Joe

Reply to
Joe Gorman

I'd invest in one of those Velcro Suits, just in case. Better buy one for Kitty too...

Reply to
patrick conroy

Mike,

Would that be an attic fan or just a plain ol box fan? I think I'm going to have to go the blower route as I'm below ground and don't have a window. So I'll likely have to go through the rim joist, but I doubt a 4" exhaust will do it for me (resistance).

Reply to
Bill Stock

Yeah, I was a little concerned about the women and small children.

Reply to
Bill Stock

Sure. You had better leave a door open when in operation! You will also need this to power it.

> Do you think this will give me enough cfm for a 12*18 shop?

Reply to
TeamCasa

Reply to
Grandpa

I know what my 1 hp pool pump did to my electric bill. Can imagine multiplying that by 125.

I think that would be a good exhaust fan. Just be sure to run about

10 of those skinny white extension cords in series before you plug it in!

That might work better as a blower for dust collector. Connect that to a old 10,000 gal fuel tank for a chip seperator prior to having the dust collected by a hot air balloon sized bag. Make sure it's 2 micron or less!!!

Reply to
Elmar

I got it at Graingers and its an industrial wall fan. 2 speeds with a remote control. Its a full size motor and meant to be built into the framing. When I'm brewing beer the neighbors say they can smell the hops that I add to the boil.

Mike

Reply to
Mike M