european hinges - 36 inch french door

I've got a couple of 36 inch by 6 foot french doors I want to uses for building a wall unit. I've been thinking of mounting the door with european hinges. Blum makes hinges for thick doors (upto 32 mm) so that parts not going to be a problem. I am worried about the weigth / width of the door... even with 5 hinges. Has anyone tried this? any advice?

Reply to
JB

The manufacturer will have a weight rating for the hinges.

Regards,

Tom Watson

Tom Watson

IOW, and based on that, I would think that five Euro hinges of the type you mention would be more than sufficient for the purpose, if that helps any.

Reply to
Swingman

I made a concealed 32" + wide closet door in a vertically oriented tongue and grove covered wall using 3 or 4 of these hinges. It was a hollow wooden door covered with 3/4" T+G oak. Floor to ceiling, quite heavy. The door looked like it was part of the wall. It was held shut with a push latch. The gap between the door and walls was so small you could not tell there was an opening in the wall until you pushed on the door and it sprang open.

closet door and two similar cabinet doors been working without a problem for well over twenty years. The gap has not changed so those hinges must not have worn or sagged much over time.

They are in my ex-wife's house. If there was a problem with them I would here about it.

LdB

Reply to
LdB