elm - any good?

When I was young I never heard it referred to Chinese Elm. My Grandpa always called it a piss elm.

Reply to
Will

I have no idea what species of elm it is. The tree is still standing. I guess when it is down I can try to identify it.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Bob

Reply to
bob

piss elms have real small leafs. less than 1/3 of a regular elm leaf. They have the same veins etc as the larger ones.

Reply to
Will

the chinese elm is the one with the small leaf. often planted for shade tree's, shorter and bushier, rounder crown. people that don't know the diff.my call them piss elm the name came about from sap running out at the crotch of the tree. ross

Reply to
Ross Hebeisen

I don't really know ... but I've got one in my front yard that's just covered with burls! (blow wind, blow!)

Bill

Reply to
Bill in Detroit