electric brad nailers was bits for a Yankee push drill?

snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com on Thu, 25 Feb 2021 15:18:37 -0500 typed in rec.woodworking the following:

Main issue with them I have found is that most don't have the "heft" to hold still when you drive a brad / staple. That is, while they are pushing the nail _in_, they are also pushing the nailer _out". If you hold it in, sort of lean on it, they'll do better. Otherwise, I use it as a "nail starter" which will get the panel held to the wall, and then I can go back and drive the brad all the way flush. Beats trying to hold the panel and the nail and the hammer.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Generally they work pretty good in softwood - some not so good in hardwood. The Milwaukee M18 Fuel 18 guage unit gets good reviews.Or spend Festool - like prices and buy a Paslode - which uses a butane canister and the battery just controls and ignites the fuel. Dewalt, Bostich, and poeter cable use a spinning flywheel. Get one with a fry-fire lockout that stops the unit from firing when you run out of nails so you don't continue dimpling your wood blissfully accomplishing nothing. I don't own one but several friends do and they love them for trim work and "fixturing" when gluing

Reply to
Clare Snyder