DW 733 planer, no stand

Now that I have a DW 733 planer I need to put it somewhere. Any one here built a mobile stand of some sort? Perhaps with extension tables? Pics? Links? Ideas? I am thinking of building something on the line of Rousseau's 1000 planer stand. My Delta contractors saw makes a sturdy stand, but I may want to use it for something else! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Check out the plan Wood Magazine has for $9.95. I built it for my 733 and I like it very much. I've never had a problem with snipe. It's on rollers and the extension leafs fold down out of the way.

Reply to
Joe

Cheap buy-it route: A 9.95 generic tool stand and 19.95 mobile from Harbor Freight. Add a piece of scrap plywood to the stand top (it's not quite big enough for the planer and the holes don't align) and you're done.

Bob

Reply to
bob

better look, and skip the plans! GReg

Reply to
Greg O

I was thinking a little more elaborate! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

I just put it on top of my table saw and use it.

Wes

Reply to
clutch

Never mind, didn't read far enough.

Wes

Reply to
clutch

All you need is a sheet of 3/4" plywood (I didn't use cabinet grade) and a 3 or 4 foot piano hinge cut into for each leaf and (2) 3 to 3 1/2 foot lengths of 1 inch metal conduit for the removable legs, plus some scraps that you surely have in your shop. You can download the plan for $7.95.

Reply to
Joe

Turn on the saw and plane and rip at the same time!

I used mine on a saw for a while until I found a very easy solution. My neighbors were selling a melamine "microwave cart" for $1 at a tag sale. The car has a cabinet on the bottom and a drawer on top. The whole shebang rides on 2 1/2" casters.

It works so well I haven't bothered to make a "real" planer stand.

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .