Dust Collector Specifications

Some time ago I bought a TWC (The Woodworkers Choice) model 1352 dus

collector with a 1 micron upper filter. It has worked great but no I'm enlarging my shop significantly and I think I may need to get larger dust collector. BUT, I can't find the specs on my current unit TWC is gone and I'm out of ideas of where to find the specs before I g buy another unit, especially if this will cover my needs. Any idea will be greatly appreciated??

-- Bill Sanders

Reply to
Bill Sanders

Why will you need a larger DC? Are you talking a commercial shop with many tools running at the same time? A home shop running one tool at a time makes little difference aside from distance from too to DC.

You can get a close approximation by measuring the size of the bag and the HP of the motor. In reality. from brand to brand there is not a big difference in performance between all the 1.5 HP with a 20" bag diameter.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Using the Woodmagazine DC planning formulas. I have a equivalent duc length of 76' with a Static pressure rating of 5.32. I moved and buil a 2ksqft shop in the basement. which is significantly larger than th garage shop I had before. I'm not sure I have to and I'm certainl looking forward to spending the money but I don't know the ratings o my current DC

-- Bill Sanders

Reply to
Bill Sanders