drill presses

You may have already picked one by now, but since you've got a rather handsome budget availible for a drill press, check these guys out:

're tough as nails, and the variable speed is really nice. Doesn't hurt that they're American made, either. Looks like the 15" models can be had for under $1000 if you search around a little. I can't imagine you'd find one that was much better- these are designed for production metal drilling, and will run 24/7 without breaking a sweat. Some of them even come on a table as big as a good workbench.

Reply to
Prometheus

Very nice. Pretty steep price. Very likely much more tool than I need. I like the 20" Craftsman but I just haven't been able to agree with the $202. shipping fee.

Max

Reply to
Max

I knew they had to be out there somewhere! When my current $99 drill press gives up the ghost, I know where to go to get its replacement!

Bill

On a much more modest scale, Woodcrat has a Rikon benchtop radial drill press for, IIRC, under $200. And non-radial floor models by Rikon, Jet, and General.

Disclaimer: I work there part-time, so this isn't a completely unbiased post :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard