drill bits

Ok guys how do you store your bits manly spade bits forsners and auger bits the rest you can just drill holes in a piece of wood for pitcher would be a big help thanks in advance

Jim

A MAN WITH THE RIGHT TOOLS CAN SURE SCREW THINGS UP

Reply to
JAMES Mankin

spades store in a snaplid plastic box which gets swapped around to whichever canvas drill motor bag I'm using at the moment.

forstners are in a fitted plastic case, but that won't last too much longer as I already have a few odds ones out.

Reply to
bridger

Reply to
Phisherman

I can't do help much with larger bits, but at my school shop we have hundreds of regular bits, most in fairly common sizes, and have one of those 64 drawer plastic storage units. Each drawer is labeled with a bit or tap size.

Reply to
woodworker88

I have a bench model drill press mounted on a movable bench. The bench has a shelf and a drawer. All my straight bits I store on the shelf in indexed plasic or metal boxes. The few extras I have are in the drawer. My spade bits are in the drawer. There are also some forstner bits & miscellany in the drawer. Have fun. Joe

JAMES Mank> Ok guys how do you store your bits manly spade bits forsners and auger

Reply to
Joe_Stein

Reply to
nospambob

for storage in the shop, I use a shop tacked-together 4 drawer cabinet... drawers are 12" wide and only about 8" deep..

for each drawer, i drilled 3/8" holes in a piece of 1x2" and then cut it down the middle, to make holders for them...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

thanks for the ideas guys the drawers are the way I was thinking I have great grand dads machinist chest that he stored all his bits in lose not he best ideas to keep them sharp my work bits are kept in roll up pouches in the tool box east to take from job to job hey philsman how about so pics of your cabinet sounds like a very nice piece

jim

A MAN WITH THE RIGHT TOOLS CAN SURE SCREW THINGS UP

Reply to
JAMES Mankin

sorry about the miss spell on the name Phisherman

A MAN WITH THE RIGHT TOOLS CAN SURE SCREW THINGS UP

Reply to
JAMES Mankin

but he can screw them up better and more expensively...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis