galvinised pipe size

What size pipe should I use for compresed air in the shop manly from compreser to hose reels

thanks for any help jim

A MAN WITH THE RIGHT TOOLS CAN SURE SCREW THINGS UP

Reply to
JAMES Mankin

3/8" hose reels? 1/2", unless the run is several hundred feet! Greg
Reply to
Greg O

I used 3/4" (which is, of course, about 1" in diameter), and the flow is fine for pretty much anything. Larger would be nice if you're sandblasting or something, but 3/4" gives you enough flow for most continuous use applications.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

thanks guys the shop has been up for a while and the only real option is overhead this will be way better then hose all over the floor thanks jim

A MAN WITH THE RIGHT TOOLS CAN SURE SCREW THINGS UP

Reply to
JAMES Mankin

Put in as big a pipe as you can afford/manage. Pneumatics aren't the same as hydraulics, and if you have a long run with too small pipe it can affect your flow; not how much, but how soon.. Also, the pipe acts as storage, increasing the apparent size of your tank.

Think 1" or larger.

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

I used 3/4" for the trunk that runs the length of the shop and 1/2" for the drops to each air chuck. I have been very happy with the results.

Reply to
Greg

thanks guys for all the help its going to be great without all those airhoses being draged all over the shop floor now if I can just find time to finsh the wiring no more extesion cords

thanks again Jim

A MAN WITH THE RIGHT TOOLS CAN SURE SCREW THINGS UP

Reply to
JAMES Mankin

Ha! Famous last words. More outlets just ends up meaning more places to plug in extension chords.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Harbor "Fright" usually throws their 3/8'x25' spring wound hose reel on sale for $40 every once in a while and that helps the "tangle of hoses" problem. I have a couple of them now.

Reply to
Greg