dresser is done!

Finally finished my dresser for my son (due at the end of this month). Most people would have probably made a crib, but this is what SHE wanted. It is of my own design (I'm not a big plans guy). It is made of maple and has cherry drawer pulls that I made using two different bits on the router.

I learned a lot on this project and could make a pretty sizeable list of the things I did wrong, but...

Let me know what you think.

Thanks to those that helped along the way!

stoutman

people would have probably made a crib, but this is

made of maple and has cherry drawer pulls that I made

things I did wrong, but...

Reply to
Michael

the rest is really nice.

Joe Barta

Reply to
Joe Barta

It looks *great*! I suspect that someday a grandchild will be using it too.

-- dadiOH ____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

What, no picture of the birds-eye drawer backs?

What did you end up doing for knobs. Did you end up making them yourself or are those the oak ones from Rockler?

Josh

stoutman wrote:

Reply to
Josh

You made me chuckle!

No, I left those out.

I bought a little slab of 5/4 cherry cut off and made it with a core box and round over bits.

I tried to copy the Rockler design, but I don't think I even got close. They came out looking a little boxy, but they also have a childish feel to them which is fitting.

Reply to
stoutman

Thank you.

Reply to
stoutman

Thank you. I hope it lasts that long!

Reply to
stoutman

Whew, took balls to show a different type of drawer construction in a "Dovetail" obsessed group. :)

regards John

Reply to
John B

Until I get that dog gone Leigh D1600 in my tool collection, no dovetails for me.

I like the plugged screw reinforced rabbett though.

Reply to
stoutman

Excellent! Did you sign or place your mark on it? How about carving, burning, or tattooing the baby's name, date of birth, something, on it somewhere! For all my personal projects, I like to add some kind of mark, date, or note relative to the inspiration of a special piece.

Reply to
Sonny

Thank you.

No, but thanksfor reminding me. I usually sign it in ink (sharpie) under the poly. I have to find a place on the bottom.

Reply to
stoutman

Good job and I also enjoyed the rest of your website. Charlie

Reply to
Charlie H.

Thank you Charlie!

Reply to
stoutman

Reply to
Josh

| Finally finished my dresser for my son (due at the end of this | month). Most people would have probably made a crib, but this is | what SHE wanted. It is of my own design (I'm not a big plans guy). | It is made of maple and has cherry drawer pulls that I made using | two different bits on the router. | | I learned a lot on this project and could make a pretty sizeable | list of the things I did wrong, but... | | Let me know what you think.

I think you did a nice job. SHE was right to have confidence that you'd do a great job.

Morris Dovey

Thank you!

Reply to
stoutman

Thank you!

Reply to
stoutman

Very nice.

I hope all goes well with the final "customer" delivery.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y