Downdraft table plans

A while back I remember seeing an article, in a magazine, on how to build your own downdraft sanding table. For the life of me, I can't seem to find the article in my magazines...anyone remember seeing/reading it and know which issue it was?

TIA, Dave

Reply to
Me

Not the one you're looking for but here's an idea Downdraft table/ air cleaner / outfeed table using a furnace blower and filters

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

Try these:

Rick Peters. From: book: Controlling Dust In The Workshop

Lalonde's Air Filter / Downdraft Table

and lastly....

Downdraft Table and Air Clean

C & E

C & E

I have the book by Rick Peters...forgot about it and it looks simple to make...will try it tomorrow and see what happens...

Dave

C & E wrote:

> Real Lalonde's Air Filter / Downdraft Table

Reply to
Dave

I designed my own table with a Cherry frame and pegboard top to fit in my 24" square work station. The collector piping is 1-1/4" and 2" PVC with the total area of the bored holes 20% less than the cross sectional area of the 2" header. Collector holes are oriented to the bottom of the box to keep dust from building up. A few support blocks glued under the pegboard makes a stable work surface. The box is stored in a rack with my other workstation units. Works great! Bugs

Reply to
Bugs

I believe Wood Magazine had an article fairly recently. They have a web site and access to plans.

Walt Conner

Reply to
WConner