Doorway trim opinion needed

I have widen the kitchen door way almost twice the width, non load bearing wall. After installing the trim and putting the fidge back, it sticks out about an inch from the trim, I forgot the fridge backed up against the window sill. The question is, do I leave it as it is or should I add 1.5" to the wall? I can recut the trim if need be.

TIA

Reply to
noreaster

The fact you ask the question gives you your answer.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

That 1.5" will be 1.5 FEET soon enough! Get it over with.

Reply to
Robatoy

Do you need to re-do it....no. The fact that you ask the question leads me to believe that it bothers you and in that case you'll probably end up fixing it sooner or later. Go ahead and get it over with.

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike O.

That's kinda the way I was going to answer that post.

Reply to
evodawg

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Thank you for your responses, I will add 1.5" to it. It does bother me. The doorway was 28" now will be 48 and 4" taller. It matches the height between the living and dining room. It looks more open now. I had to make new trim for the top on one side, took awhile to figure out how to do it with the bits I had. It came out pretty damn close.

Reply to
noreaster