Does tool color matter?

All things remaining equal (Performance, ergonomics, etc) I go for the bright colored hand powered tools. For me its a visibility thing. Take for example building a fence. If you are using a Hitachi drill and leave it on the grass while you get more pickets, you might have to search for it a bit. Same thing with PC on concrete. The same drill in Dewalt Yellow screams "Here I am!"

I also go for bright with garden tools. The orange-handled spade shovel I have is less likely to rust out in the yard or be eaten by the lawn mower like my wife's green-handled hand shovels.

Full-sized tools? Who cares! If I trip on them or can't find them I have bigger problems to deal with. Also, they won't even fit under a lawn mower, so that's not a concern. :)

Hey, that makes me wonder.. How come there are no Gas-powered table saws ;) 3HP Unisaw? Bah, I've got a 7HP Tecumseh!

Reply to
Jay

It's a conspiracy to sell generators to contractors. If you'd only wear your tin foil with the shiny side out, you'd know this.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

I'm sure a lot of it comes down to personal preference in colors, but I'm not an orange fan either. At least not THAT much orange.

The problem in my area is a lack of other stores. We do have a couple of independents but they don't always have what I need or are not open after

3:00 on Saturday. HD is saturated. To reach a Lowes, I have to pass at least two HD's in any direction and travel a minimum of 35 miles. They also manage to put a lot of decent smaller chains out of business. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net
Edwin Pawlowski

I'm reminded of the electrician on one of the home improvement shows who painted all her tools pink. She said that she didn't have a problem with them disappearing.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt