Do I really need to leave the router off my router table extension?

I have the Woodhaven TS extension. It is made with 1 1/16" laminated MDF with a 3/8" phenolic insert. I reinforced the bottom with two 1" steel bars, hoping I could just leave the router in. If that is a bad idea, do those of you with TS router tables just make or buy a blank insert for when the router is out?

-Steve

Reply to
Steve W

I have left mine in a year now. You mean that's wrong?!?!

Reply to
Toller

Reply to
marc rosen