difference in wood flooring adhesives

I happened across a really good price on some Harris Tarkett 9/16" unfinished 5-ply engineered white oak 7" wide planks. The planks themselves are a bit on the short side, about 2', hence the great price of $0.99 / sf.

I'll be gluing this down to a concrete slab in Florida. The manufacturer, of coarse, recommends their own adhesives. Either a PF-50/65, PF-40, or PF-

  1. This stuff tends to run about 0 for a 5 gal bucket. Which, given the spread rate, amounts to over per sf just for the adhesive! More than I paid for the floor!

Does anyone know how this stuff compares to the Roberts 1404 that I can pick up at HomeDepot for $50 per 4 gal bucket? Or anything else less expensive?

I really don't care if I void any manufacturer waurantees. I just don't want this stuff coming up later.

Thanks. Steve Maring snipped-for-privacy@maring.org

Reply to
Steve Maring