Dewalt scrollsaw question

Has anyone experienced a stutter or sudden blip in motor speed with the 788 model? I just purchased a used (only slightly by appearance and tale by seller, who seems to buy at estate sales and then resell items) one and had to get rid of the knocking sound by adjusting the L shaped rod for the arms. I am not sure if It is adjusted properly or not, although it does tighten the blade very well and easily, is there a starting point on the rod? Could it be the speed adjusting knob needing a cleaning? Any ideas welcomed. Other than that minor (it lasts maybe 1 to 2 seconds and only at low speeds it seems) problem I really like this saw. Thanks in advance.

Al

Reply to
Al

Al,