Dewalt router problem

Well if Karl won't have you. ;~) We have a couple of twin beds to sleep on up in the sewing section of the house. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Robert already has a room here with his name on it. It won't be long before it's time to unleash a gumbo ... maybe that will entice them to make the trip again.

Reply to
Swingman

I feel for you, Robert ... those are some tough emotions to deal with.

Mom is in advanced stages of dementia and in a nursing home in Brenham (it just got too much for my 88 year old Dad to take care of her at home any longer, it was really pulling him down physically ... she would fall and there was no way he could pick her up .. so more than once he just made her comfortable on the floor and lay down beside her until morning when he could get some help).

She actually recognized me momentarily this past Sunday while I was feeding her lunch (she can't feed herself), kissed my hand and actually pulled my arm around her shoulders, but a few minutes later she had that blank look again. Normally she doesn't recognize me, or anyone in the family.

Tough to see someone go through that. Their 70th wedding anniversary was this past Oct 3rd.

Reply to
Swingman

On Oct 18, 9:11=A0pm, Swingman wrote: [snipped for brevity]

I walked up to my dad one time, in the assisted living home, and he lit up. "Who are you?" he asked. "I'm Rob." "That's wonderful, I have a son named Rob.".. and his smile widened even more.

That event stuck to me, still rattles me when I think about it. In some ways, it is a wonderful story.

Reply to
Robatoy

It is wonderful. I hate equating art to reality, but a touching film, I ever saw, and I don't sit through many, was "The Notebook". Watching my Dad trying, with both desperation and resignation, to bring some recognition into the face of his partner of 70 years brings that particular piece of art into the realm of reality.

Reply to
Swingman

Whooeee, if you'd kill dem crawdads befo puttin' em in de gumbo, you wouldn't have to worry 'bout unleashing anyting crawly on de plate, cher.

-- Good ideas alter the power balance in relationships, that is why good ideas are always initially resisted. Good ideas come with a heavy burden. Which is why so few people have them. So few people can handle it. -- Hugh Macleod

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Wow.... two invitations! Both from great guys! We sure had a great time *relaxing* (sigh) with your guys last year. It was more comfortable being around you two and your wives than it was my own family.

But Leon.... gumbo.... buddy.... I mean really - you were there, you tasted it....

could you join us at Karl's place? ;^)

I think the part I liked the best about the time there in Houston was when we all sat down and broke bread. Good conversation with great people is something I don't seem to have much of these days.

Kathy is currently looking into days available so we can do it again. Gotta see both of you, though.

Robert (and Kathy!)

Reply to
nailshooter41

None of this is easy. Mom and Dad just passed their 61st, and there was no joy. Instead it is fear of the great unknown in front of them, what will become of one another and if they will continue to be separated. Worse, if something happens to one or the other and they feel like they weren't "there" for the other. If my Dad passes in the rehab/hospice ward and my Mom isn't there at his side she absolutely won't forgive herself.

I am having a meeting with all the department heads tomorrow at the compound he lives in to see where he can go from here. He has plateaued in his therapy, and he will hit bottom tomorrow when they deny further health care from Medicare. He told me that he feels like they are telling him there is no more hope for his future.

I will be trying to set up some alternative solutions, but don't what they will be yet. He wants to get better and go back to his apartment, but Mom wants him back -now-. She is more lonely than ever as her only sister passed this last weekend. She has no more of her family she grew up with alive now, besides a brother she isn't close to, so this has taken a new urgency.

Lots will be happening this Friday.

On a lighter note, Mom was in a chipper mood (maybe not all dementia is bad!) last night because she won forty cents at bingo, and at their weekly store outing she found a great deal on Poise pads. My Mom does like winning at bingo and a good bargain - I guess it was a pretty good day.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

I know!!!! I never turn down an invitation like that. Karl also has a way of skip bouncing a steak on to a grill and then on to your plate before it comes to a rest, and it being the best steak you ever had. ;~) I am sure the wine, whiskey, and eggnog never clouds my memory.

I think I could.

Absolutely!

Absolutely!

Reply to