Dewalt 621 problem

Anyone had this problem? When I start the router, no matter what speed it is set for, it runs up to speed and then a few seconds later, it just dies. I am able to restart it but the same thing happens. This is an intermittent problem. Sometimes it runs fine and sometimes not. This morning I took the top off that holds the electronics and then reinstalled it and it was fine. I suspect this problem has something to do with the speed sensor or something else in the electronics. This is a Dewalt 621 remanufactured unit.

Regards, Charlie in Kentucky

Reply to
Charlie Campney

I've got two of them, one in the router table and one for hand held work. Haven't had a problem with either one and one's been in the router table for over 3 years.

BTW - if you're thinking about putting it in a router table here's a Doo Hicky you can make that'll let you utilize the fine height adjustment.

charlie b