Dewalt or Ridgid ?

Plain jane chop saw (10"), both about the same price - the Dewalt or the new Ridgid?

-- Visit the "THE VE7SL RADIO NOTEBOOK" at

Loop] [Tuna Tin DX] [H.F. Maritime DX] [Crystal Radio DXing] [136 kHz Band * updated*]

Reply to
jsm

Probably boils down to what color you like better, yellow or orange :-)

Reply to
Donnie Vazquez

Buy the DeWalt, proven quality. I used one of their chop saws to build a ceiling full of angle aluminum and it made great smooth cuts. Not hearing good things about the Rigid stuff..plus you can find the DeWalt at the local hardware store instead of suffering Home Depot.

-Ray

Reply to
Ray Browne

I agree completely.... Mostly because I have no clue who will be making Ridgids tools NEXT year...They already have switched manufacturers in the short time that they have been marketing them...Emerson IN Emerson OUT ! etc....

I just wonder about parts ...and please do not feed me that crap about lifetime warantees...so you will not need parts...

They only machine that I honestly have liked was their planner.. all the others just did not impress me in the least and a lot of DeWalt stuff does not impress me either BUT I do know where to get parts and service if I just do not end up doing a 2 handed old fashion "set shot" into the trash can...

Bob Griffiths

Reply to
Bob G