Dewalt DW618B3 discontinued?

This is the 3-base kit. All of the HD's by me are out and they're starting to sell the display models. Seems like a popular set, though.

Mike

Reply to
upand_at_them

Have you tried Tool Barn and other online suppliers? I have it and it works great in hand or table mounted. Plenty of power for even the big, door panel bits.

Reply to
C & E

Home Depot may be discontinuing them, but everybody else seems to still have plenty of them. Home Depot never carries any product for very long. That is one of the things that I hate about them. As soon as you buy something from them that works good, and you go back for more, they don't carry it anymore. Gr-r-r-r. I'll bet Ryobi or Ridgid is coming out with a 618 clone and they asked Home Depot to get the Dewalt off the shelves.

I seriously doubt that Dewalt would be discontinuing a product that is less than about 2 years old and seems to be a very successful product for them. They'll likely manufacture the DW618 and it's options for another 5 years or more.

Reply to
Charley