DeWalt 746

I just purchased a DeWalt 746. I'm very happy with it so far (passed the nickel test with flying colors), and after using a Ryobi BT3000 for the last several years, I'm experiencing quite a marked difference. One thing though, the Ryobi was actually better at dust collection. I noticed that the DeWalt really spreads the dust in the air. The throat area is really not sealed very well, and the stuff flies everywhere. I'm using a jet collector which works really well with everything else.

Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance.

Bob Gruber snipped-for-privacy@rgruber.com

Reply to
News

I used to have a BT-3000. One thing it really excels at is dust collection, with the closely-shrouded blade. I don't think you're going to find as good a dust collection system on any other saw unless you're willing to spend a lot of money on it.

Reply to
Roy Smith

You MIGHT find plans on the net on how to improve it's collection, if this is not an unusual new saw design. Seems to me the trick is to seal up any area besides the throat plate where air can leak into the cabinet and defeat the DC. Also, I find when I use a zero clearance plate, most of the time, more dust is thrown upward, necesitating dust collection at the blade guard. There are several sites that cover plans for good blade guards that incorporate dust collection, and are easy to swing out of the way.

Reply to
gpdewitt

Yes, I was thinking that an "on top" dust collector may be the ticket. The shroud around the blade would take major work to seal off.

Thanks!

Reply to
News