Desk Postponed

It has been awhile since I have posted here. I was going to build a new fly-tying desk out of mahogany over the holidays (at least to start) but found out that I have cancer in my prostate and have been pretty much involved with biopsies, MRI's and now have surgery scheduled for the

22nd of this month. I won't be able to lift anything for awhile but can spend a lot of time in CAD getting my drawings up-to-snuff. I am going to have 6 weeks off. I guess my wood stash will have to continue to dry out in the shop (aka garage).

It has been C O L D here in the Boise area and has snowed quite a bit. I haven't been keeping the shop heated but is stays above freezing. I brought the Tormek and waterstones in just to make sure they survive the cold spells.

Looking forward to the New Year and hope you all had a Merry Christmas.

Philski

Reply to
Philski

Philski,

We wish you a speedy recovery and while you're just sitting around doing nuthin, you can join in a bit more often. Didn't realize you were in Idaho - I worked out there for a couple of years (Mountain Home) when I was with GE working on the OTH-B project in case you ever heard of it. Also logged more than a few miles hiking across the Sawtooth's and around Sun Valley - and several others like Glacier Lake in Oregon and up in the Bend area.

Not doing much in my shop either - it's damn cold in Syracuse right now while last week we had 60 deg temps - in Jan !

Good to hear from you again,

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.

Damn Philski that's not any way to ring in the New Year. But as Bob said you should be able to find more time to drop in for visits.

Speaking of tying desks, did you catch Conan's tying desk this past Fall? A beauty it is. I dabble (or is it dap-ple) in fly fishing when I can find the time and the right water here in western Oregon. Thought I'd put a Winston or some equally out-of-reality rod on my wish list for Christmas, but a new lathe is calling out to me in stronger voice.

I send my best wishes for a New Year brimming with the love of those around you, peace and security and most of all your good health.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

Philski, I'm on a computer group that shares more info on PCa than the medical community. It is not a Usenet but a listserv, I've been on it for about 9 years, I mostly lurk but it does have a wealth of info and some extremely Intelligent lay people on it. Before you go thru with the surgery I hope you have studied up on the desease Write to me directly as this is basically OT for woodworking. BTW I was DX July of 94 have done nothing absloutely nothing and the Cancer has not progressed I know this course is not for everyone it has been my chosen course and so far i have been right

Reply to
George M. Kazaka

Darn sorry to ear the news Philski, I hope things turn out well for you and you're quickly back on your feet. I hope you still found time over the holiday period to visit with loved ones.

best regards,

Greg

Reply to
Groggy

Thanks for the encouragement. And all the water buffalos I saw were from a Huey...

Philski

"T." wrote:

Reply to
Philski