Delta 36-937 wing ?

Is anyone out there using the Delta 36-937 10" cast extension wing?

My partner is wanting to replace a 10" stamped wing (on a Delta Contractors Saw) and it seems that the 10" cast wing is now the replacement option. My Contractors Saw has the 8" cast wing but he can't find that one available. Anyway, he found the 10" wing on Amazon (and a few other sites) and the only review was very negative so he's a little gun shy. I just thought I'd ask if anyone here has experience with that particular extension wing.

Thanks.

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike O.

It is the same wing that comes stock on the Unisaw. They just package some of them for accessory sales. Delta no longer uses an 8" wing on industrial saws. What was the nature of the negative comments?

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

I found the item and the comment. The buyer said it was not machined square when mounted.

I found mine to be perfect. Bolted them on, checked with a straight edge, tightened the bolts and it was done. Hefty, it was not easy getting the bolts in by myself, but with a helper, it is a snap. .

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

The buyer said it was not machined well enough to install properly. Of course looking at the rest of his feedback (on other items) all of his comments were negative.

Now, with the shipping weight at 33 lbs, can we still carry the saw if he installs it..?? :-)

Thanks Frank.

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike O.