Delta Table saw inquiry Model 36-982

Is anyone familiar with this model saw?

special ordered it but the boxes it came in all are labeled with model 36-979. Is 36-979 the base model and all the accessories added make up the model 36-982 or is there actually a unique saw model 36-982

unrelated to 36-979?

I've asked delta days ago but they don't seen to care much about answering their customers' questions so I thought maybe some fellow delta owners out there had any further information.

Thanks all.

Reply to
rugby17043

I think that's correct.

I don't think so. The 36-979 is the basic model with no fence and 2 cast wings. Throw in another box with the commercial 30" fence, table board and legs and it becomes the 36-982.

If you really want to talk to someone at Delta try one of these numbers; USA - (800) 223-7278 ? Canada - (800) 463-3582

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike O.

Aha! Delta's model numbering strikes again. I've got the 36-680, but that number comes from the packaging of options together. The base is a 36-379, the cast-iron extension wing and the T2 fence make it a

36-680. Upgrading it to a Unifence or Beismeyer would change the model number again, as a little chart near the last page of the manual shows. Your setup is a couple steps up from mine on the Delta hierarchy, but it's almost certainly the same numbering system. A good look near the back of the manual should show the options with the attendant package part number that are possible on your saws base.

Yeah, it's a real shame how much their customer service has went in the crapper. They used to be really good on that- not anymore.

Reply to
Prometheus

I believe he sent a e-mail, which is not a very good way to contact Delta.

In order to figure out all the various models, you need a "complete" Delta Equipment manual, which most folks, other than dealers, do not have access to.

Using the web site, you can figure out "most" models, but they always start with the "base model" and add various features to make "other" models.

Prometheus wrote:

Reply to
Pat Barber

Delta, like many manufacturers uses a "master box" inventory system whereby the master box is a combination of a number of items that each have their own unique number. You bought the "master box". The

36-979 may be the base unit number. This allows items to come from different sources, be stocked in a central warehouse, and pulled accurately and confirmed with bar code reader, and billed appropriately, when sold.

The numbering system was changed on Unisaws so that the "master box" number became the sum of the components, that is 36-table saw, L-left tilt,31- three HP,single phase, BC-Biesemeyer commercial, 50 - fifty inch fence.

even with this system, promotional units having other items and free goods may get a unique "master box" number.

I don't think they ever got around to doing the contractor line.

Too bad no one got back with you. Since I have not been employed by Delta, I've used the contact email system a number of times to ask questions, and in some cases to advise of errors in manuals or parts lists. I've always recieved an answer within 48 hours which I think is the goal.

Frank

I represent no one but myself.

Reply to
Frank Boettcher