Dead dog?

He did. But that's no secret. I've probably told a million people. He did win it... it was a major award. Boy did my mom hate that lamp. One day my mom knocked it off the table and broke it into a hundred pieces. She swore it was just an accident...

I'm not sure what you mean. I do take medication for a vision problem. It was due to a nasty case of soap poisoning from when I was a kid. Supposedly it's just my imagination though.

Joe Barta

Reply to
Joe Barta

I'm reminded of the youngster who accidently drops his toothbrush in the toilet. When he retreives it and starts to wash it off his Dad stops him and tells him he better just throw it out and they'll get a new one. So the kid throws it in the trash, then takes his Dad's toothbrush and tosses it in the trash as well. "What did you do that for" his Dad asks. "Well, I dropped yours in the toilet last week" he says.

Lenny

Lenny

Maybe your Dad preferred Chinese food?

Something to think about. :)

Reply to
Vic Baron

Just like the dogs coming in the front door -

Reply to
Vic Baron

Yeah but im sure the pee will have soaked up into the endgrain of the feet and ONLY when you move it to take it inside will it really start to release its odour . . . OK kill the DOG

Reply to
Connor Aston

NO!NO!NO!

Absolutely NOT - do NOT get lulled into a false sense of bravery because you think you wife is rational.

wives are NOT rational when it comes to dog ( or cat ) pee!! DAMHIKT!

You have been WARNED!

Reply to
Vic Baron

We had neighbor dogs just like that. The Bumpous hounds...

Reply to
Frank Drackman

Topcoat with shellac, which blocks all sorts of things.

Never, ever, mention this to her!!!!!!!!!!

Or, you could donate it to charity and build another one.

-- Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss

What a coincidence! Our neighbors last name was Bumpus!

Joe Barta

Reply to
Joe Barta

Sounds like we have the same wife - or at least identical twins :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Nope. Jean Shepherd died in 1999. He was "the Boy Named Sue," by the way.

Reply to
Bruce Barnett

I do not know of any woman that cannot smell everything.

Reply to
Leon

I've been trying to identify a phantom smell in my wife's Jeep for 3 months. Apparently, only she can smell it, so I know exactly what you mean.

On occasion, she's been with me in cabinet or auto body shops, where there's a SLIGHT overhanging lacquer scent. You know, that sweet paint / finish smell that makes one of us go ummmmmmmmm, shooooop sssssssssmel.... By her reaction, you'd think we were touring the sewage treatment plant, or a Chinese plastics factory, and we will die within minutes.

Much entertainment value is obtained by placing the empty box and packing materials from a Chinese-made stationary power tool in the living room for a few hours... All of you know THE SMELL!

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

The same goes for the car making odd noises or acting funny only when she is alone in the car. The minute you drive the car with her, the car acts normally and the noise mysteriously disappears.

Saw a bit on the news about that "new car smell" actually being quite toxic. Damn! Everything thats good eventually causes cancer.

Joe Barta

Joe Barta

Reply to
Joe Barta

Life is 100% fatal.

Reply to
CW

Many years ago the comedian, George Carlin, reported that researchers had discovered that saliva causes cancer. But only when swallowed in small quantities over a long period of time.

As CW relates... Nobody is getting out of life alive, so enjoy it to the maximum and don't worry about how MUCH time you have, but how much you enjoy it.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

"Chinese factory smell" is NOT a pleasurable experience, even to those of us who are overly sensitive.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

The Joe Barta entity posted thusly:

Not hard to understand, I suppose, since it probably comes from all sorts of outgassing from new plastics, adhesives, and so on. Makes you wonder, though about the "new car smell" aerosol cans. Are they benign imitations of toxic fumes, or the real thing?

Our love is like a new car smell Sooner or later it all goes to hell Somebody farts or spills some Taco Bell Our love is like a new car smell.

The Arrogant Worms © 2004

Reply to
Oleg Lego

I'd probably experience a measure of stress and the wear on my psyche if my new car smelled bad. I figure the shortening of my life because of the toxins of "new car gas" would be balanced by the benefit I'd get from the satisfaction of a new car.

Reply to
Upscale

Repackaged factory waste. LOL. Actually I worked in the car industry for almost 30 years and none of the "NewCar" aerosol sprays smelled like a new car to me. But then again I hardly notice the new car smell at all any more.

Reply to
Leon