Dateline Cochran, GA

Just the thought of it...

Reply to
Swingman

Just a theory but perhaps they have a heigtened olfactory sense...the aroma of the steaming hot coffee causes them to salivate profusely and the saliva de\ilutes the coffee to drinkable temperaure. Pavlov would be proud :)

Reply to
dadiOH

I believe that government is good up to a point. Certainly we would have been invaded with out an army and the fire department seems to be useful. But for the most part most things, beyond defending our borders and maintaining our infrastructure, that the government is attempting, and rather poorly, is a job way way above it's pay grade.

Reply to
Leon

That has to be worth a :)

Reply to
dadiOH

Serious coffee drinkers want it to brew at 195 to 205 degrees, but they usually drink it cooler. There is an optimum brewing temperature to properly extract the flavor from the beans and McD was doing that. Sometimes it sits for a while before serving and will cook down, other times it does not.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

The point is that the federal government can't do anything well, nor cheaply. It should then do as little as possible. SOmethings, as you note are necessary. Others it *is* doing are just plain wrong.

Reply to
krw

Leon wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Baxter

Ed Pawlowski wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

In the spilled coffee incident, McDonalds was expecting the coffee would be purchased on the way to work and not drunk before the buyer got there.

Reply to
Baxter

That is too cool for really great coffee. As you can see from the link, only a few brewers meet the qualifications.

We use a Technivorm. The carafe is preheated and the cups are preheated by putting hot water in them for a few minutes.

We also grind only enough beans for a single pot at a time. There are also a large variety of beans from many places around the world. If you really enjoy good coffee, it is worth the extra time and expense.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Enough! It has stopped raining, not that it had anything to do with McDonalds or coffee.

Reply to
G. Ross