Damn I spent some cash this month.....gloat

It does sort of put a different perspective on it doesnt it,a week in greece can be as cheap as $300 if you shop around.You can fly to Madrid from Amsterdam for $19.Yet if you said to me I`m going to the grand canyon for a week I`d be really impressed

Reply to
Russell

300 bucks? Hell, I can't go to Columbus for that and it's only about 2-1/2 hours away. The Grand Canyon would impress me, too, as it's maybe 1600 miles from here. Right close to that Ft. Bragg, though. But a lot further away from Ft. Bragg, NC (another 1700 miles maybe).

I've often wondered what the driving distance from Key West to, say, Bellingham, WA is.

Whoo, whadda drive. Almost 3700 miles, 60 hours 50 minutes driving time according to Rand McNally.

Charlie Self I don't approve of political jokes. I've seen too many of them get elected.

Charlie Self

Rand McNally is usually pretty conservative too. It's probably even longer by real roads.

Reply to
Silvan

Did Poughkeepsie, NY to Seattle, WA in 1966 after a 3 month IBM class. Took me 3-1/2 days - day one, Poughkeepsie to Buffalo - day 2 Buffalo to Madison, WI - day 3-1/2, Madison to Seattle. Had 30 cents in my pocket and an empty gas tank when I arrived in Seattle. Slept for 2 days.

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Tried going from Bangor to Honolulu once. Fun drive but I got several tickets trying to get up a head of steam to make that last final jump. :-(. mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn